Sunday, February 1, 2009

Xiphphorus maculatus, Hymenochirus boettgeri

So I finally got a fishtank! I used some money I got for my birthday, so I guess this counts as my birthday present. Melanie came to the pet store with me to help pick everything out and set it all up, thanks Mel!

The tank


I got two Platys:

My mickey mouse platy, Mickey


My tuxedo platy, Phinneas


They are best friends. Or lovers, I'm not sure yet. I guess I'll find out when there are a bunch of babies swimming around.


and my three African Dwarf Frogs:

Liam


Winky


and Dexter


As for their names, Mickey's name was obvious. Phinneas because he's got a huge dorsal fin, and because I thought it'd be cute to be able to call them MickeyPhinn. Winky after Winky the frog in Donkey Kong Country, Liam after Liam Gallagher from Oasis (he's the darkest one, and is really obnoxious to the other frogs, very rockstar like) and Dexter because thats a nerdy name, and the other two frogs leave him out and treat him like he's a dork (awww)


I hope they all live. I'm attached already. I'm thinking of adding another fish, but I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to see how well the guys I already have do.

No comments: